English<>Greek Gaming freelance translators / revisers
OMADA is looking for highly qualified and experienced freelance English<>Greek Gaming translators and revisers to participate as subcontractors for a new client. We need experienced and technically astute individuals to join our gaming localization team in creating fresh game content for players and supporting a variety of tasks, within set deadlines and in accordance with the purpose of each project.
- Translate / revise already translated material from digital gaming, lottery and sports betting content and products.
- Understand and correctly comply with OMADA’s linguistic processes and procedures as well as each project’s requirements as per the client’s guidelines
- Meet the required standards for quality, throughput and delivery deadlines
- Create translation appropriate to the purpose of the asset (gameplay, support, marketing).
- Perform research online independently for terminology and software tools documentation.
- Contribute to multilingual termbases in various file formats and collaboration systems. Proactively log new entries, resolve terminology conflicts, and communicate updates to stakeholders.
- Use QA tools, process bug reports and collaborate with LQA to ensure a resolution that helps players, while staying mindful of team processes.
- Correct all errors found in the target language content before final delivery to the Project Manager
- Provide the Quality Coordinator with an assessment sheet to inform them of any errors and the corrective actions he/she has taken.
Minimum qualifications and experience for translators, revisers and reviewers:
- a first degree in tertiary education (such as a university degree or equivalent after studies of at least 3 years) in translation or languages; and at least 2 years of full-time gaming translation experience or having translated at least 2,000 pages; or
- a first degree in tertiary education (such as a university degree or equivalent after studies of at least 3 years) in any other subject; and at least 3 years of full-time gaming translation experience or having translated at least 3,000 pages.
- Proficiency at using SDL Trados Studio 2017- 2019 and its QA features
- Professional interest in as many of these areas as possible: software localization, scripting or programming, game art, fantasy and lottary/ betting terminology, team production tools and processes, creative writing, composition
- Knowledge of text implementation pitfalls and best practices in different display environments is immensely helpful.
OMADA is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.