English>Greek EU texts freelance translators (financial)
OMADA is looking for experienced freelance English>Greek financial translators of EU texts to join our team in order to participate in a tender for a potentiallly awarded contract of translation of financial texts by the Translation Centre of the Bodies of the EU. You will be part of our translation team, working closely with our Project Manager and being responsible for producing high-quality translations conforming to ISO 17100:2015, within the set deadlines and in accordance with the purpose of the translation projects, including the linguistic conventions of the target language and relevant project specifications.
- Translate various EU financial texts including guidelines, recommendations, decisions, reports, regulations, annual reports, press releases, manuals, statistical information, budgets, financial statements, balance sheet, etc.
- Revise already translated texts
- Understand and correctly comply with OMADA’s linguistic processes and procedures as well as each project’s requirements as per the EU style guide
- Meet the required standards for quality, throughput and delivery deadlines
- Manage terminology effectively
- Use translation tools to improve quality and increase productivity
- Check your translations before final delivery to the Project Manager
The minimum qualifications to provide translation services to OMADA conforming to the ISO 17100 International Standard must meet the following criteria:
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in one of the following areas: translation, finance, accounting, banking, auditing, economics and financial statistics.
- At least 2 years (or 2,000 standard pages) of documented full-time professional experience in English>Greek translation in the field of finance, accounting, banking, auditing, economics and financial statistics.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet short deadlines
- Well organized and able to follow methodology
- Detail oriented
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (2010-2016, preferably 2013)
- Knowledge of SDL Trados Studio (2015-2017)
Please note that, translation of EU financial texts, many of which are legally binding, requires the highest level of accuracy.